April 4, 2012

Snacking preference

I don't usually buy snack cakey-type snacks for Buddy. Not because I necessarily have anything against artificial and processed forms of food, but primarily because I, lacking any type of self-control, would end up eating the entire box of snack cakes myself. Most likely in one sitting.

And also because he's such a light eater and because he can't have a regular multi-vitamin due to the extra doses of vitamin D and calcium they have (those with Williams syndrome can have problems with too much calcium in their bodies), I try to make sure that every calorie counts toward his overall health and well-being. (I did find this multi-vitamin that doesn't have vitamin D in it to give him.)
So, all that to say, Buddy doesn't get these types of snacks too often.

Apparently, however, he has somehow developed a taste for Christmas snack cakes. They were the snack du jour at preschool the other day, and he liked them so much that his teachers a.) wrote about it in his daily journal, and b.) sent him out to meet me at the end of the day with an empty box and a "Tell your mom how much you like these!" (Buddy dutifully said, "Like this!")

So, in the spirit of overindulging at Christmas, I saw the Christmas snack cakes while I was at the store today and threw a box in my basket for him (and maybe, perhaps, quite possibly also for me). After I got home and showed him what I'd bought, he downed two cakes with a glass of milk. Thanks, Little Debbie, who did not in any way provide compensation for this post, for all that trans-fat-laden high-fructose-corn-syrupy goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment