April 12, 2012

Party Time

February 13 was the Valentine's Day party at Buddy's preschool (he only goes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday).

Last week, in preparation for the party, we (and by "we" I mainly mean me) filled out the V-day Elmo cards I'd bought and took them in so he could "mail" them to his friends.

Today, I (and Cubby) stayed with him since they'd asked for volunteers to help the kids read the cards and I had volunteered. It was enlightening to watch how he did at the various activities.

I've always thought that his attention span was comparable to others his age, but I got a healty dose of reality as I watched him fidget throughout circle time and need to have constant reminders by his teacher to sit on his pockets, to sit up, to pay attention -- all while the other boys and girls were docilely doing what they were supposed to be doing. Is there something we should or could do with him to increase his attention span in a classroom situation? I'll have to look into it.

At any rate, the party was fun and he got to decorate a huge heart-shaped cookie. Somehow, Buddydidn't inherit my sweet tooth, so his cookie went relatively untouched . . . until we got home, that is, when my sweet tooth took over and I, uh, "took care of" the cookie for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment