May 10, 2012

Success

We put Buddy to bed tonight after having the first accident-free potty-training day. And there was great rejoicing.

"Participate in toileting routine" was one of his IEP goals for this year so his preschool teachers have been working with him, as well, over the past few months. I'm so thankful for Mrs. Karla who said about two weeks ago, "You know, we wouldn't have a problem if you decided to send him in underpants--we've dealt with this for years." I really didn't think it would go well or quickly but decided to listen to her words of wisdom and just do it. One week later and here we are.
 
Rest assured I'm under no delusions that there will never be another accident, and night-training is another animal entirely. But I'm so proud of our little guy, who I guess isn't so little any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment