May 10, 2012

Bubble wrap as OT

Buddy's preschool teacher mentioned a few days ago that she thought the bubble wrap the kids had been doing during sensory time was helping to strengthen Buddy's fingers. That's one of the reasons I'm glad we have him in preschool--the teacher has been great about working with him in so many areas and with so many tools that I wouldn't think of on my own.

When she mentioned the bubble wrap, I immediately began trying to remember if we had bubble wrap anywhere at home that he could play with. We didn't.

Today, the mail lady brought us a package with the contents wrapped in "bubble pops" (as Buddy calls it). And he knew just what to do with it.

Is there any irony to the fact that the bubble wrap enclosed a book I'd ordered a few days ago about disabilities?

No comments:

Post a Comment