May 10, 2012

No time like the present

I've mentioned before that we've been in the process of potty-training Buddy for the past several months. It's not been going well.

So, today I decided to bite the bullet and switch him to underpants (sans rubber lining) cold turkey, with the thought that maybe he would finally realize what he's doing -- and the consequences of not doing what he's doing in the proper place -- and that would spur him into telling me when he needs to do what he needs to do.

Although I'd like to report that he got the hang of it immediately, this was not the case. He did, however, at one point, come to me and say, "I'm a mess." And later in the day, after he'd again gone on the floor and not on the potty, he started waddling like a penguin and saying, "Waddle, waddle, waddle" because he was uncomfortable with his current situation (I had to laugh). So, I'm encouraged that he may be that much closer to wanting to use the potty. We'll see what the next weeks bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment