July 17, 2012

Furthering the Obsession

The other day, we were playing with Lego-style building blocks, and I decided to further Buddy's interest in weedwackers (which he had talked about all day) by making something akin to a weedwacker for him to play with (until it fell apart, repeatedly).



He enjoyed it. A lot. (Note that I've never claimed to be artistic. I was actually quite proud of myself that it turned out looking like something in the neighborhood of a weedwacker. (And yes, our other son is playing with an empty box. Digging items out of the recycling bag is his idea of a good time.))

But then, my paltry attempt at a weed-wacking device was surpassed by something far, far better(there's probably a spiritual analogy in there somewhere, but I'm not going for it at the moment).

Buddy's aunt and uncle had ordered a play John Deere weedwacker for him (after reading the previous post on weedwackers) and it arrived later that afternoon.

He was beyond thrilled. And he couldn't wait to show his daddy when he got home from work.



He's been weedwacking my plants ever since.

(The play weedwacker actually makes a noise if you pull the string and push the button, but he doesn't like the noise it makes, so he continues to make his own weedwacker sounds as he mows down the houseplants.)

Buddy sends his most profuse thanks to his aunt and uncle!

No comments:

Post a Comment